As I said in the first blog for the series in Cesky Krumlov...I most likely will let this blog go dormant until I have something useful to say, but for those of you who would love to get daily musings from other scientists in the field who post of a semi-regular/daily basis let me wett your appetite for what's out there and you can search on your own too.
Normally I subscribe via RSS/Google reader. If you have google reader and there isn't an RSS subscribe button on the blog simply copy/paste the URL into google reader and it'll subscribe to what's posted at the URL.
- Aetiology: discussing causes, origins, evolution and implications in human disease (Tara Smith)
- Avian Flu Diary: infectious disease hobbyist, influenza and disaster preparedness
- Xkcd: comic on physics, math, science--pretty much geeky fun.
- What If: same guy as xkcd but answers questions using math, science, physics etc...in the most awesome geeky way possible.
- The tree of Life: Jonathan Eisen's blog about microbes, genomes, omics, UCDavis and the tree of life
- BacPathGenomics: genomics and evolution of bacterial pathogens
- coastalpathogens: blog about coastal pathogens among other things.
- This is NOT Junk: Michael Eisen's blog (equally great) about DNA, evolution, open science, genomes etc.
- Daniel Wilson's blog: evolutionary biologist and researcher in genetics
- Download the Universe: book reviews that include science books, focused on e-books
- DrugMonkey: US biomedical research industry blogger
- iMicroBham: Science teaching blog
- microBEnet: microbiology of the built environment
- Microbiology Bytes: latest news about microbiology
- Omics! Omics!: A computational biologist's personal views on new technologies & publications on genomics & proteomics and their impact on drug discovery.
- Outbreak News: news on outbreaks all over the world
- Pathogens: Genes and Genomes: A heady mix of bacterial pathogenomics, next-generation sequencing, type-III secretion, bioinformatics and evolution!
- PLoS Blogs Network
- Rob Dunn: Wildlife of our bodies writer/biologist
- Science Professor: life of a science professor
- Science-Based Medicine: Issues and controversies between science and medicine
- Science Hubb: A blog about interesting science
- Seqonomics: economics of personalized medicine from a Sanger Inst. researcher
- Small Things Considered: Amer Soc of Micro blog on microbiology, virology and parasites
- The febrile muse: portrayal of infectious disease in literature and arts
- The medicine show: Forbes blog from Matthew Herper on Science, politics, education etc.
- The molecular ecologist: blog on molecular ecology (all organisms)
- Twisted Bacteria: science communicator who focuses on actinomycetes
- Virology blog: Vincent Racaniello's excellent virology blog and podcasts
- What's up doc?: Blog for postgraduate researchers with resources, links and advice
- zoonotica: blog that focuses on the viral/pathogen human/animal interface
- All creatures great and small: Preaching microbial supremecy: Science teaching blog from professor at primarily undergraduate teaching institution
That ought to get you started...